Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rainy Days~


Rainy days always make me want to do exotic things.  I don't know what it is about the sound of water falling from the sky that makes me want to put rose oil in the bath, and light candles, and read poetry, and grate ginger and cinnamon over apples. Rain coming down against the window pane makes me want to drink spiced teas and listen to sitar music, and eat figs, and papayas, and dark chocolate. The urge to blow the dust from my violin and take her beautiful wooden shape into my arms, is never stronger, than when the clouds roll in.  I think that rainy days give me permission to pause for long enough that I might really drink in the sweetness of this world.


2 comments:

herhimnbryn said...

Ah, beautiful. Can I add the sound of rain on a tine roof to your list?

ArtSparker said...

I followed over from Accept all Offerings - I like her sensibility, and I can definitely see the relationship with yours - joy & delicacy.