Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Days~


The summer days are passing by and there is much happiness as we munch on greens from the garden like goats, as we water and weed and stop to smell the flowers.


There is no such thing as time when I step barefoot on damp earth and bend down to harvest the green sweetness of new peas. No such thing as stress when I watch flowers open and surrender to their fate, whatever that may be. There is nothing else to think about when watching bees come home after a long day laden with pollen and purpose. Nothing to want when you are eating a dessert of freshly picked strawberries and whipped cream. Nothing to worry about when you realize that all things are born, bloom, fruit and eventually go back to the earth, only to be born again.


And on the days that take me out of the garden into the world of 9-5, the world of bus stops and hot asphalt, of scrubbed hands and shooed feet, I have only to think of the oasis that awaits me when I cross the threshold back into the growing paradise that is my blessed garden.


There is so much to be thankful for.




9 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

The resemblance is uncanny.
Gus and Edward in summertime.

Lacar said...

Wow. I love your blog, especially this post. I'm a nine to 5 girl (well, here in my office in Manila, it's 10 to six) and it would really be nice to come home to a garden like yours. :-)

Jasmine said...

What a wonderful temple your garden is.

Janelle said...

oooooooo..bliss...bees an' birds an' flowers and majik! xxx j

Celeste Maia said...

Indeed there is much to be thankful for. I enjoyed so much the photos of your garden, it made me long to touch the earth too. I live in the middle of the city but have my own oasis right next door in a huge green park, but no picking and eating strawberries...boooo....

ArtSparker said...

Wonderful to see it blooming, I like that picture of Gus in the green alley particularly.

Rowan said...

There's nothing like a garden to calm you down and relieve stress and the sound of bees working the flowers is equally relaxing. it's one of the summer's best sounds. I'm glad you are enjoying your bees.

Ruthie Redden said...

your garden looks such a haven nao, when i am in mine it is one of the only places i titally loose myself and time

herhimnbryn said...

Blissful bliss.